Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Trinity Christian has new principal

12-12-2007
Trinity Christian Academy principal Tim Snow talks with students Hunter Bennett, left, Katie Spenlove and Katlyn Dobbs, right. Photo: Kevin Qualls/The Anniston Star

OXFORD — Tim Snow never thought he’d find himself teaching a classroom full of students.

Now he’s gone to the principal’s office.

Snow is the new principal at Trinity Christian Academy.

As a history major at Pensacola Christian College in Florida, he planned a career working with museums.

“I never thought I could get up in front of people, let alone children,” he said.

But the college required every student to take one course in education. It spurred his change in plans.

“I kind of fell in love with teaching,” he said.

In considering a career in education, Snow wanted it to connect with his Christian faith.

“My faith is not something I do on Sundays,” he said. “It’s something very personal to me. I want to see my students develop the same thing I have, not just a casual relationship with Jesus.”

After 13 years of teaching at private Christian schools in South Carolina, North Carolina and Ohio, Snow said he began to feel led to administration.

It timed out with Trinity’s principal vacancy.

See the full story here.

No comments: